This week I sat down with Chief Advocacy Officer, Stuart Sheldon, of Escalate. He talked about how Escalate delivers measurable value to their clients through two core Marketing competencies:
1. Experiential – Engage consumers/customers directly, through all five senses + emotion
2. Word-of-Mouth (including Social Media) – Who says what about you, and how can you get involved in the conversation?
as we engage people with meaningful, authentic brand experiences that begin and sustain brand love, amongst your raving fans…and beyond.
Why is it crucial? Because successful brands clearly can’t build brand loyalty (or a sustainable business) with just traditional marketing & media strategies and tactics when:
• An average consumer sees 3,000+ marketing messages a day
• 76% of consumers don’t believe companies tell the truth in ads
• 78% of consumers claim to trust information from other consumers more than any advertising source
• 19% of purchase decisions made only on personal recommendation, 86% at least partially
• Experiential + Word Of Mouth marketing efforts can deliver purchase intent as high as +60% vs. traditional efforts
While many of the firm’s clients are medium to large companies they also have success stories about small businesses they have helped to improve the way they engage their prospective customers, leading to growing sales.
Stuart Sheldon, Chief Advocacy Officer at Escalate
- BA, English and Journalism, Washington and Lee University
- Former Senior Brand Manager, Coca Cola Company
- Founder and Former Evangelist Prime, ConnectUs Marketing
- 2006 Coca-Cola North America Big, Bold & Inspiring Marketing award; Coca-Cola Worldwide Marketing Excellence award finalist.