Cobb Co Chamber Hosts Six Flags and Cobb Travel and Tourism
This week Amy and I hosted Megan Stambaugh, Partner Services Director, Cobb Travel and Tourism, and Gene Petriello, Properties Communications Manager for Six Flags Atlanta to learn about economic impacts of attractions such as Six Flags and others, as well as what efforts are under way to foster continued growth.
Some will describe Six Flags Over Georgia as Thrill capital of the South. 290-acre thrill-park with some of the fastest, tallest and wildest rides in the country. Features more than 40 rides, shows and attractions and 12 world-class roller coasters. New for 2016, North America’s First Virtual Reality Roller Coaster- The New Revolution, Bugs Bunny Boomtown and DC SUPER Friends.
Two new interactive kid’s zones themed after everyone’s favorite Looney Tunes cartoon characters and DC SUPER heroes featuring 12 new rides and attractions that the entire family can enjoy together. Free with park admission, Six Flags Over Georgia features Hurricane Harbor, a 7-acre waterpark with the world’s first hybrid zero-gravity waterslide, Tsunami Surge. Six Flags Over Georgia features its seasonal Fright Fest Halloween event and recently added Holiday in the Park winter celebration featuring more than one million LED lights. Visit www.sixflags.com/overgeorgia for more information.
Cobb County remains a regionally and nationally known travel destination providing a rewarding and memorable experience to all visitors. Cobb County will continue to be recognized as a preferred destination among planners of conventions, trade shows, and special events, as well as leisure travelers.
The Cobb Travel & Tourism website talks about the organization’s vision for what it hopes to achieve on behalf of the Cobb County economy this way,
“Cobb Travel & Tourism focus:
• To be the main source of quality leads for hotel that will enable consistently higher occupancy rates than regional competitors
• To be the primary destination marketing organization for Cobb County
• To remain instrumental in creating strategic partnerships and alliances among industry stakeholders
• To remain a leader among convention & visitors bureaus with similar budget classifications
• To remain committed to partnership growth through providing valuable benefits and excellent customer service
• To be financially stable and efficient in delivering services“